Nov 15, 2012

Ayda Josephine

When we got offers to work in Lagos I was pregnant. My first reaction was “No, we cannot work there, what about our baby?” Well, obviously my opinion changed a lot afterwards so we are here… Working. However, I kept myself strong minded on one thing: Breastfeeding Jo... I wanted to breastfeed her for at least 6 months and Chris supported that wish all along as well as our company. It was decided I would start working in September. In the meantime, Jo can grow up older than 6 months and gets stronger, she can get used to the bottle and we can find a nanny in Lagos. I went to Turkey with Joey while Chris came to Lagos for his first rotation. It was so good for many people. I was enjoying Jo, Jo was enjoying summer in Turkey and her grandparents were enjoying Jo (or should I say Ayda from Turkish point of view?) After having 2 teeth in Turkey, cutting her from breast milk and going to bottle (with a lot of resistance) we came to Lagos. She has her nanny, Rose and is happy. If you think that we are talking about a baby who slept in 5 different houses in 5 months then you would understand how much I could be nervous. Luckily, we have a lovely girl who doesn’t give us hard time to cope with travelling and growing up at the same time (Bite your tongues!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment