Nov 21, 2012

Métisse

It is a restaurant in Lagos. Fusion!! That’s what its name means in French as well, “mixture”. We had been there for lunch and loved the food. Well we’ve never been there with Joey.

This weekend, we were invited by our manager and his wife for lunch. They like it, we like it. So great choice! You’d think. However who would know that they don’t accept kids under the age of 13!!! We told them Joey is 13:), and that they shouldn’t be fooled by the pram she was travelling in. They didn’t seem to believe us so they put us outside to the terrace and we ate our lunch with the company of flies, bugs, spiders and the rain!! Even though the restaurant was empty when we got there, the manager told us there is a group of 20 people coming at 1pm. Well that is OK then. Ha ha, after our lunch we asked to our waiter, he told us the group is delayed till 3pm and the restaurant was empty during our lunch.

September 2012

EDIT: I've changed my initial article about Métisse. I wrote a bit with my emotions at the beginning but now I think that people need to respect some rules. There are places that you cannot go with your children and there are people who want to be away from children, eat their meals in peace and have their holidays in peace. I understand that. That is my non-mother times talk. Now as a mother, I experience such thing for the first time, I apparently didn't think it would happen. There has been nowhere that I couldn't enter in my life. I guess everything has a first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment