Nov 16, 2012

Honeymoon in Cuba

It was fantastic. Great time of our lives, great way of starting to married life… When people decide to get married, there are few things that they need to think about: Wedding, where to live and honeymoon destination. Well, we spent 10 minutes to think about our honeymoon destination! We were working in Indonesia, so had been to Bali and other islands several times. We didn’t want to be in Turkey or in Australia or in Europe and didn’t want to go on a hectic tourist routes, walking into museums, visiting “tourist-must-be-places”. We wanted to lay back, enjoy our drinks and swim!!! I said “I always wanted to go to Cuba before Fidel goes away” and Chris said “OK then.” That was it. I started to look into flights, places and dates. As you might know it is not that easy to go to Cuba. Lucky, we were going to be in Turkey, lucky Istanbul is close to Europe (himmm, it is Europe) and lucky Chris had “One World” frequent flyer program membership. Because one of my managers once mentioned that they have “Round the World” tickets. You don’t have to get return tickets, you start from one point make a round the world and come to the starting point. That sounded well. Another challenge, no one wanted to book our tickets. Every airline told me to go to another one for their sensible!!! reasons. Till British Airlines… The guy booked our flights for us starting from Jakarta. Then Hong Kong, London, Istanbul, Madrid, Havana. On the way back Havana, Cancun, LA, Hong Kong and Jakarta. We understood that I had to tell that guy to book our seats as well when we went to the lounge in Madrid and officer there told us that we cannot sit together on the plane. As you can imagine someone got grumpy!! The officer told me “Lady, I cannot do what you want. So, please stop asking me” First kindly, then sharply and then angrily. I had to stop. Thanks to the kind man on plane he went back and Chris came next to me. I called the BA guy and told him to arrange our seats for the remaining flights and make us sit together. He “generously” “for only one time, against their policy in BA” didn’t make me pay that service and arranged the seats. Then we arrived HAVANA.

No comments:

Post a Comment