Apr 12, 2013

Bistro7

After we moved to Lagos, Nigeria I haven't been to anywhere with Josephine except supermarkets. That day, I was determined to take her and get out of the house. I was feeling brave and enthusiastic. I've heard Bistro7 from another Turkish friend here and apparently they had lovely brunches on Sunday. I was aiming to go there for lunch.

Although its location was very obvious to expats living in Victoria Island (VI), it was incredibly difficult to find it. (It has a big "7" on their metal parking area door) Because the building numbers were not in order. If they would have said it is right next door to La Pointe then we could just manage to get there much easier. After the hassle in the car with our good driver Moses, we got there. First experience for a mother in Lagos: check with the restaurant if they have a highchair!! Well, they didn't have it. When I asked for one, they told me that they've ordered few from overseas and they don't know the arrival date. I had to live with it. My husband wasn't with us and I was hungry. I ordered hamburger which was easy to eat it with a baby on lap. It was an average burger. I have eaten much nicer burgers in VI.

It was a nice restaurant. It had a nice garden with a big tree in the middle of it, it was quiet away from honking cars and loud people. Most importantly, I went out with our little daughter and managed to eat without making her angry or grumpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment